Personal Guidence

An individual matures, she moves from childhood where parents are holders of all truth, to an organization who speaks for god, to other teachers and gurus who "really" know the way. Many stay stuck in the path dictated by others. A mystic remembers that the Divine landscape is Hidden below the forms we see. Stewarded by Beings of love, patience, commitment and integrity, we can each find our truth.

A Mystic's View. May it inspire your journey into the Divine below the forms

Monday, June 11, 2012

Who Gets YOUR Answers?

Going Beyond Fences

As a young girl, my answers to life were given to me by my parents, usually my dad. As a young woman, my answers were given to me by my religious leaders, usually men. As a young wife, I learned that my answers had to come from my husband, or at least to be approved by him. As a young mother, my answers came to me by my doctor or some book author.It wasn't until I was in my forties that I came to understand the model of "moon" path and "sun" path.

The moon has no light of its own. It gets all of it light from the sun. Just so with the "moon" path. When an individual feels that she has little to no knowledge or wisdom within herself or when an individual's life has taken a direction that is not satisfying, that individual will often took for an external someone or something for suggestions, for answers. That external searching is the definition of a "moon" path. It is often the example and inspiration of others that brings the information or support to help us change and, there is nothing wrong in that process. 

The call of a"moon" path teacher often sounds like this: "I have the answer." or "I can make your life better." or "I have information that you will not find anywhere else." Their information may be the very thing you need to move beyond your entrapment and begin the move in another direction. And there is nothing wrong with that either.

What is key is the "sun" path.

The "sun" path is really the purpose of not just the "moon" path, it is the purpose of our life. The"sun" path opens when an individual moves to the place on her/his path where the choice is to move beyond what the external voices know and say. It is the place where you look at what the fences of external voices have created for your life, the safety and the limits. It is when one discovers a way to hear the quiet voice that calls specifically for her/him from the great web of Intelligent Good. This is the place on your path when you hold hands with something greater than what you can see and touch to moves beyond the fences. This is when You begin to get answers for Yourself.

Those on the "sun" path still have conversations with "moon" path information. They may still check out the information from their inner wisdom with others. It is with this information that comes specifically for them that they build a strong view of life and their place in it. These are individuals who are truly clear and empowered. They can share their ideas with no need to convert others. They can listen to ideas with no need to diminish the other. They understand the value of diversity, the magic of the Now moment and the benevolent wisdom inherent in the greater web of Good.

There is no greater model from which to live your life!

What has your inner wisdom shared with you this week?

I will share some of my early teachings in the next blog..... interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you talk about the differences between the moon and the sun without making one wrong or bad. Like the yin/yang, one cannot exist without the other. And yet to know that opposite does not mean wrong or bad.

    The moon may reflect the light of the sun, but it is also the feminine energy that works quietly and usually without notice. Underground, earth based and sometimes in the darkness. Sometimes to make peace we follow others directions, but silently do it our way, anyway.

    The sun is the masculine energy, power and light and necessary. We can learn from each - just as you say. And as you say: the best way, is our way, using our spiritual guidance to create our way that is unique to us, and necessary for our personal growth and therefore our planet's growth towards love.

    Thank you Sharon for your stories... I continue to share your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. The insights we share is what expands our world!